Monday, April 13, 2009

EASTER, DANCE AND FIREFIGHTERS

EASTER TRADITIONS

Easter is one of my favorite holidays. My family has a tradition that has been going for over 45 years plus. We all go to Logan where my mother was born and raised, and search for our Easter baskets. My grandfather owned a logging/construction company. So on about 15 archer in old building once used for logging, and lots of old construction trucks and trackers, our baskets are hidden. It usually takes us about an hour to look, the kids are all excited and running everywhere. After we have all found our baskets, which grandma goes out of control on the candy, we all head over to Utah States "Old Main" hill and roll our hard boiled eggs down the hill and chase them. The kids have a contest to see how many times they can roll one egg down before it cracks open. If the weather is good we also use this time to try some ice blocking, but this year the storm rolled in just as all the eggs were destroyed. So we'll have to try next year.


Kae and Kels dying there eggs for the Easter egg roll contest.

This is my mom's first house, they lived in it while my grandfather was in the logging
business. It was built from some of the lumber he cut down.


Kae found her basket in one of the old logging trucks.


Kelsie found her basket in a tree by the old barn.

Daddy found his in the old fireplace in one of the work shops.

Mine was under the hood of an old ford truck.


One of the traditions was my grandfather would load all of us grand kids up
in the bucket of a tracker and drive us around the property, with the bucket
raised. My uncle took charge of that job when my grandfather passed away,
but this year the kids didn't get to have a ride due to my uncle not feeling well.





A few of the grand kids at "Old Main" Hill getting ready to roll there eggs.
All but one of my sisters . Maybe next year Jana you and the kids could make it.

KELSIE's FIRST DAY OF DANCE.

Thank you to Miss Mo for opening up a new class for the kids.
Our little Kelsie has been such a fan of Kae when she dances,
and now that she get to dance, she is all smiles. Everyday she is
asking if it is her dance day. She loves it, her and Kae play like they
are at dance and go through different drills that they learn. It is so
much fun to watch and listen to them practice.


Kelsie and Kira on their first day of dance.



OUR FIREFIGHTERS

Kae, Kels, Jada and Kira got the opportunity to go visit
their Uncle Tyler at his work. They had so much fun, learning
about where he sleeps, eats, and most of all the FIRE TRUCK.
Tyler gave the girls their own little hats, let them sit in the driver seat,
Spray the hose, ride in the truck with lights and sirens on. But Kaes
favorite thing was trying on his "heavy" hat and coat. Also Kae told all
of her cousins (on my side) that her Uncle is the driver. She thought
that was really cool. Thank you Tyler for a fun outing.



Thank you Tyler.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a great tradition for Easter! That sounds like so much fun! I love the picture of the old house build with that lumber. You guys look great! Beautiful family!

Janica and Dan said...

I LOVE the family picture! Fun Easter traditions! Kelsie looks so cute all dressed up for dance!! I need to come watch them one day.

Draper's said...

Love my little dancers!!! Kels is doing amazing!! That is way too cute that her and K practice.

briggsy said...

I absolutely love your Easter traditions! They are so fun & so unique. What fun! I know I've said it before, but here I'll say it again, you have the cutest girls ever!

Kimberly Davis said...

Loved the idea of rolling the easter eggs....I'm going to try that nest year!!!